Carmelite NGO Celebrates World Environment Day with Prayer and Reflection
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK, NY (April 23, 2012) - The Carmelite NGO invites people around the world to join with the Carmelite Family to celebrate World Environment Day on June 5th with a day of prayer and reflection on rainforests as a resource for life. Materials for individuals or groups to use to celebrate the day can be obtained from the office of the Carmelite NGO or downloaded from the organization's website (carmelitengo.org).
The booklet contains passages from Scripture, statements from documents of the Catholic Church, as well as other resources.
The Carmelite NGO, a non-governmental organization in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations and affiliated to the Department of Public Information (DPI) of the United Nations, is comprised of the men and women around the world who are members of the Carmelite Order or its affiliated congregations, institutes, and ministries within the Catholic Church.
The offices of the Carmelite NGO are located at:
211 East 43rd Street, Suite 708
New York, NY 10017
http://carmelitengo.org AZ, 85719 US
William Harry - ,
Carmelite NGO, World Environment Day, rainforests, June 5
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Catholicism Sweepstakes: Win a Trip for Two to Rome and Paris!
- Celebrate National Catholic Sisters Week with Lent at Ephesus
- CCBQ Kicks off St. Patrick’s Weekend with the Alumni Networking Reception
- The CatholicTV Network to air Lenten Retreat Guides with Father John Bartunek
- Brian Miller of the Archdiocese of St. Louis, to Appear on The CatholicTV Network
- Paul Kengor to Speak on Principles of a Reagan Conservative
- Ukrainian Priest Speaks on ‘Revolution of Dignity,’ Transformation of Afflicted Country
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ashes to Glory, Daily Lenten Reflections
- Cardinal Kasper's shocking theology of Catholic marriage
- Papal agency calls for protection of religious believers’ rights following invasion of Ukraine