Carmelite NGO Celebrates World Environment Day with Prayer and Reflection
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK, NY (April 23, 2012) - The Carmelite NGO invites people around the world to join with the Carmelite Family to celebrate World Environment Day on June 5th with a day of prayer and reflection on rainforests as a resource for life. Materials for individuals or groups to use to celebrate the day can be obtained from the office of the Carmelite NGO or downloaded from the organization's website (carmelitengo.org).
The booklet contains passages from Scripture, statements from documents of the Catholic Church, as well as other resources.
The Carmelite NGO, a non-governmental organization in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations and affiliated to the Department of Public Information (DPI) of the United Nations, is comprised of the men and women around the world who are members of the Carmelite Order or its affiliated congregations, institutes, and ministries within the Catholic Church.
The offices of the Carmelite NGO are located at:
211 East 43rd Street, Suite 708
New York, NY 10017
http://carmelitengo.org AZ, 85719 US
William Harry - ,
Carmelite NGO, World Environment Day, rainforests, June 5
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards