Carmelite NGO Celebrates World Environment Day with Prayer and Reflection
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK, NY (April 23, 2012) - The Carmelite NGO invites people around the world to join with the Carmelite Family to celebrate World Environment Day on June 5th with a day of prayer and reflection on rainforests as a resource for life. Materials for individuals or groups to use to celebrate the day can be obtained from the office of the Carmelite NGO or downloaded from the organization's website (carmelitengo.org).
The booklet contains passages from Scripture, statements from documents of the Catholic Church, as well as other resources.
The Carmelite NGO, a non-governmental organization in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations and affiliated to the Department of Public Information (DPI) of the United Nations, is comprised of the men and women around the world who are members of the Carmelite Order or its affiliated congregations, institutes, and ministries within the Catholic Church.
The offices of the Carmelite NGO are located at:
211 East 43rd Street, Suite 708
New York, NY 10017
http://carmelitengo.org AZ, 85719 US
William Harry - ,
Carmelite NGO, World Environment Day, rainforests, June 5
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Holy Spirit Catholic School Open House
- 100+ Priests & Deacons Gather in Rome for International Conference Confraternities of Catholic Clerg
- Honor y Gloria a Él Inspires with Songs of Hope and Adoration
- Catholic Clergy issue Joint Statement on Marriage
- March for Life 2015; Franciscan University Students Prepare the Celebrate 'Every Gift Is a Gift'
- Sacred Psalm Texts and Latin Rhythm Combine In New Bilingual Album
- Dr. Janet Smith the Present Catholic Teaching on Reproductive Technologies
- Concert Features Music and Verse from the Middle Ages to Today
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance