New Obama tax forms will ensure you consume...
Obamacare really is a tax.
At least six million families in the US are expected to pay a penalty under Obamacare.
The new requirements mandate that insurance companies send documents via mail every January, just as your employer must do with your W-2s or 1099 document. This documentation will contain personally identifying health information which can potentially enable a third party to access your health records.
Obamacare supporters say this is unfortunately necessary because it is the only way to enforce insurance consumption. Without this provision, the government could not make you pay anything under Obamacare.
On an individual basis, it's one document filed annually. It should be quick and easy to complete. However, when these documents multiply by the millions, basically one for every citizen, the size and nature of the burden becomes obvious.
The cost to produce, mail, and process the added documentation will be enormous. And that's not even examining the privacy concerns that the circulation of such documents will present.
Unfortunately, there's little citizens can do about this since Obamacare is now law and has survived judicial review as a form of taxation. If there's any one thing that affirms Justice John Robert's ruling that Obamacare is a tax, this is exactly it.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Obamacare, tax, insurance, IRS
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Attorney General approved warrant for Fox reporter's emails
- 'Journalism has been criminalized' Juan Williams declares
- Documents reveal US drone policy is scandalously indiscriminate
- Special Report from the Virginia Republican Nominating Convention: A Time To Choose - Life
- Lois Learner pleads the 5th. Was she the crook behind it or was she following orders from higher up?
- Sick of deception! Democrat threatens IRS with appointment of special prosecutor
- FOURTH OBAMA SCANDAL: Did HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicit funds for nonprofit group?
- Carney still insists nobody told Obama about IRS investigation
- State Department insider warns more whistle-blowers to come on Benghazi scandal
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?