Senator has evidence, Obama LIED about Libya
The victims deserve better.
Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC), a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, dropped a bombshell on the Obama administration, saying that Obama had been informed within 24 hours time that the attack in Libya was a terrorist strike.
Senator Lindsey Graham has explained that Obama was told the truth about the attacks within 24 hours.
Graham pointed out that Obama's insistence up to five days later that the attacks were spontaneous protest suggested that "they are misleading or incredibly incompetent."
Or possibly, Obama simply chose to lie to the American people.
In any case, it should be clear what was happening and to continue to brand the attacks as anything less is a disservice to the staff of the foreign mission there and dishonorable for the dead. It is also disrespectful to the American people.
"Well, the facts are there was never a riot" Graham said. Instead, Al Qaeda-associated militia spent hours, executing planned attacks on the embassy. There was never a protest as was commonly claimed by the administration.
Then, in the wake of the attack, Obama and his administration continued to say the attacks were merely the result of a demonstration gone bad, inspired by a video, which had already been hosted on YouTube for months prior.
Graham said the intelligence community in Libya informed him and the administration within 24 hours that the attacks were staged by known terrorists.
Grahman added, "The intelligence community on the ground in Libya has told Senators Corker and myself that within 24 hours, they communicated up to Washington that this was a terrorist attack. The president of Libya on the same date said it was a terrorist attack. The video of the compound shows that there was nobody at the Benghazi consulate. There was never a group to riot. And the evidence is overwhelming, and the idea that it was spawned by a video and a riot would hold the administration blameless. They said it was a copycat of Cairo. It wasn`t a copycat, it was a sustained attack that lasted for six or eight hours using heavy weapons, which undercut the idea that al Qaeda has been dismantled and on the run. And it certainly undercuts the idea that our policy choices in Libya have not going after the militia, not helping the Libyans train a national army were good choices."
Subsequent to this, the President went on several TV shows to say the attacks were inspired by a video.
In reality, they were commemorative attacks launched by Al Qaeda on 9/11.
So the question remains, why did Obama deliberately lie to the American people? Was there some pressing issue of national security that required this? Or was he afraid that the truth would hurt his chances for reelection?
The American people, especially the families of those murdered by the terrorists deserve better. At a minimum, they deserve the truth. And better, they deserve a commander-in-chief who will respect their sacrifice.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Libya, Graham, ambassador, al qaeda, attacks
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- 'Journalism has been criminalized' Juan Williams declares
- Documents reveal US drone policy is scandalously indiscriminate
- Special Report from the Virginia Republican Nominating Convention: A Time To Choose - Life
- Lois Learner pleads the 5th. Was she the crook behind it or was she following orders from higher up?
- Sick of deception! Democrat threatens IRS with appointment of special prosecutor
- FOURTH OBAMA SCANDAL: Did HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicit funds for nonprofit group?
- Carney still insists nobody told Obama about IRS investigation
- State Department insider warns more whistle-blowers to come on Benghazi scandal
- Hillary better be prepared, House Oversight and Government Reform chairman Darrell Issa says
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?