Hudson & Fournier: Catholic Countdown to Election 2012, Day 22. Exposing More Misinformation and Lies
Such exaggerations amount to lies, and lies are the last resort of Catholics who have to ignore the obvious to make a case for Obama/Biden.
The Catholics for Obama evidently feel no embarrassment, or tinge of conscience, in making a claim that even causes the main stream media to smirk, even if that smirk never translates into a follow-up question.
WASHINGTON, DC (Catholic Online) - Vice President Biden's performance in the debate last Thursday confirmed our view that the entire Obama/Biden strategy of outreach to Catholic voters is a misinformation campaign. That's a nice way of saying they are lying to Catholics here, there, and everywhere.
These lies come in various forms, but the Big Lie comes in two forms: first, Biden's out-and-out denial that the HHS mandate is a violation of religious liberty, and two, that President Obama is not an opponent of the Right to Life and supporter of abortion; in fact, he is purported to be "pro-life."
The Obama campaign does not deny that both candidates and their surrogates make these statements, although they do deny they are lies, of course.
Case in point: the Obama campaign press release; in response to the two calls received by Pittsburgh's Joy Allen -- she did not deny that she was told that Obama was not pro-abortion, but the release did deny the anti-Mormon line of the push caller's script.
The press release said specifically that no one from the Obama campaign or from Catholics for Obama made such a call at all, much less defamed Gov. Romney's religion. The lie about Obama himself was not challenged, and for good reason: A quick look at the 2008 Catholics for Obama web site, then housed inside the Catholic Democrats, confirms the Big Lie in large red letters: Is Barack Obama Really Pro-Life?
"The answer is "yes." Looking through the lens of Catholic Social Teaching, Senator Obama has spent his entire career striving for the common good. He supports health care programs that will cover all Americans, a living wage for working families, and solutions that allow distressed families to stay in their homes. And rather than trying to overturn Roe v. Wade, an ineffective strategy for 40 years, Senator Obama will reduce abortions. How? By promoting health care for pregnant women and better infant care, day care and job training. In fact, data has shown that social and education programs actually reduce abortions."
Obama's Catholics claimed in the 2008 campaign that their candidate would "reduce" abortions, and you would think all his administration's record expansion of the abortion mandate would inhibit his surrogates from repeating the claim. Not so, the Obama Catholics, just like Vice President Biden, will lie with straight faces to 51 million people. The "Catholics for Obama" evidently feel no embarrassment, or tinge of conscience, in making a claim that even causes the main stream media to smirk, even if that smirk never translates into a follow-up question.
The 2012 Catholics for Obama web site declares its continuity with the group "Est. 2007." Here is a partial list of the national co-chairs of 2012 Catholics for Obama, now inside Obama/Biden:
Victoria Reggae Kennedy (widow of Senator Ted Kennedy)
Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT, the most pro-abortion member of Congress)
Nicholas Cafardi (former dean of the law school at Duquesne University)
Kathy Dahlkemper (former House member defeated by pro-life Republican)
Senator Dick Durban (D-IL)
Gov. Martin O'Malley (MD)
Rep. Tim Ryan (D-OH)
John Sweeney (former president, AFL-CIO)
Sister Jamie T. Phelps, O.P. (Institute of Black Catholic Studies, Xavier University)
At the Catholics for Obama web site you can click the "Values on Video" and be treated to videos of Obama speaking at the 2012 National Prayer Breakfast and the 2011 Easter Prayer Breakfast. There is also a link to "People of Faith for Obama" where the mantra of "leading with values" is more fully explained:
"President Obama is a committed Christian who knows that faith and values are more than a personal anchor -- they are also a powerful force for the common good. President Obama's belief that we are all connected-that, as Corinthians says, "if one part suffers, every part suffers with it" and "if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it"-has anchored him as he has worked tirelessly to lead with values: basic economic security for ...
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- The New Golden Calf and the Women of a New Babylon. America and Kardashian - Where's the outrage?
- FBI admits to using drones on U.S. soil. What's next armed drones?
- Supreme Court: No, you can't ask for proof of citizenship for voter registration
- What happens when the Culture of Surveillance meets the Culture of Corruption?
- Obama tells Charlie Rose Americans are uninformed on NSA program. So why doesn't he inform us?
- Bombshell: Low-level NSA agents can wiretap anyone, even the president, sans warrant
- PRISM precursor programs sparked concerns, potential resignations under Bush
- Facebook, Microsoft reveal number of government requests for your info, but no details
- Whistle-blower Snowden says Obama can still save face after PRISM debacle
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?