Deal W. Hudson: More Obama Push Calls to Catholics Continue the Big Lie
The Obama supporter started reading from the same script that Joy had heard from the first call.
I could not believe that I had received another call from the Obama campaign looking for another of my college aged children in less than a week. I informed the caller that my son was a practicing Catholic and would not be supporting a pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage candidate who did not respect the Catholic faith in his HHS mandate that would force all Catholics to pay for birth control, sterilization, and the abortion pill
WASHINGTON, DC (Catholic Online) - Just a week ago, I reported a call from an Obama supporter received by a Catholic in Pennsylvania. The caller, identifying herself as Catholic, insisted Obama was not pro-abortion and Planned Parenthood did not encourage abortions.
Joy Allen, co-chair of the pro-life committee of her parish, Saints John and Paul in Franklin Park, PA, received another call yesterday. The first Obama caller had asked for her daughter; the second asked for her son -- both are registered Republicans. The call came from 215-796-4259 at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday.
After telling the caller her son was not at home, the caller said she was from the Obama campaign and wanted to know how he would be voting.
Joy reported to me:
"Well, I could not believe that I had received another call from the Obama campaign looking for another of my college aged children in less than a week. I informed the caller that my son was a practicing Catholic and would not be supporting a pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage candidate who did not respect the Catholic faith in his HHS mandate that would force all Catholics to pay for birth control, sterilization, and the abortion pill."
At that point, the Obama supporter started reading from the same script that Joy had heard from the first call.
"Well, I am a practicing Catholic, and I have no problem supporting Obama. How can you support a Mormon who does not believe in Jesus Christ...."
Joy interrupted her and said:
"I know your script, next you are going to tell me that I should support the "Nuns on the Bus" and tell me that Planned Parenthood is really providing healthcare for children and pregnant women and not aborting innocent children."
Joy then asked the caller her name. She would only give her first name, Judy. Joy told Judy "that she had heard from their campaign last week when a caller wanted to speak to her college aged daughter. I asked her why they were targeting Catholic young adults." Judy then said to me, "You told me you were Catholic."
When Joy tried to engage in conversation about the five non-negotiables and the USCCB on "Faithful Citizenship", Judy hung up.
These Obama "push calls" not only tell the big lie about Obama but also play the "Mormon card," offering more evidence of Obama's disrespect for people of faith.
Deal W. Hudson is president of the Pennsylvania Catholics Network.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Obama, Biden, Romney, Ryan, push calls, Anti-Life, Anti-Catholic, robo calls, campaign 2012, Religious Liberty, Pennsylvania Catholic Network, Catholics, Voting, Faithful Citizenship, Deal W. Hudson
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- E.W. Jackson Wins Nomination as Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
- Food stamps hang in the balance as lawmakers debate cost
- News to ruin your morning: IRS official who targeted conservatives for audit now oversees your Obamacare compliance
- Culture of Corruption, Obama pays Sarah Ingram extra for her harassment of conservatives
- Culture of Corruption: Why Obama's misuse of Marines is wrong
- Rubio: Obama's intimidation of tea party groups 'not in isolation'
- Editorial: Is the Scandal Ridden Obama Administration Becoming a House of Cards?
- Obama asks for more money, Marines to protect embassies
- President stands ground against Republican critics
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?