Boulder residents work from home, Denver residents like biking
New statistics show more people work from home in Boulder than any other city.
Boulder residents have reason to feel good about themselves after statistics revealed they work from home in greater percentages than people in any other city in the nation. Working from home saves time and infrastructure, not to mention its environmental ad family benefits.
Boulder has the greatest percentage of people using mass transit and working from home than any other city in the nation.
According to the numbers, 10.9 percent of Boulder residents work out of their house, the highest number in the nation.
Conversely, Denver residents were chided for their reliance on private vehicles, in which they drive alone rather than carpool. However, Denver does have a large biking community. About four times as many Denver commuters bike to work than in other cities.
Statistics also show that those who use public transit to get to work have longer commute times, although they can be cheaper and less stressful than driving alone and waiting in traffic.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- My Journey Home to the Church and to Penance, the Sacrament of Freedom
- Crisis pregnancy Centers: Heeding Pope Francis' Call to 'Accompany' Women Contemplating Abortion
- Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- What happened to Roanoke's Lost Colony? New clues cast a mysterious light on an old legend
- Fr Paul Schenck: Immaculate Conception Tells us Who Mary Is and Who We Are
- Nuclear password to start World War III - was 00000000
- Same-sex weddings now comprise 17 percent of all Washington state marriages
- St. Nicholas: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa
- HHS Mandate News: Priests for Life to Have its Day in Court!
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?