Serial killer brings New York judge to tears
Dating Game killer sentenced to 25-to-life in New York.
The brutal details of the serial rapes and murders carried out by the "Dating Game" serial killer, Rodney Alcala caused a New York judge to break down in tears as she sentenced him to 25 years to life in prison. Alcala was being sentenced for the murders of two additional women in New York.
Rodney Alcala during a recent court appearance.
"This kind of case is something I've never experienced, hope to never again. I just want to say I hope these families find some peace and solace for these inexplicably brutal and horrific acts," Wittner said just before she broke into tears.
"As I said, in 30 years I've never had a case like this." Wittner said.
Prompting the unusual display of emotion was likely the statements from victim's families, victims who have waited over 40 years for justice in some cases.
Alcala's crimes include raping and beating an 8-year-old girl, and raping and murdering at least 8 other women. He is suspected in as many as 130 other similar cases.
Alcala is also infamous for appearing in the 1978 game show, "The Dating Game." He won a date with a bachelorette, however the winning woman declined the prize after meeting him and finding him "creepy."
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Rodney Alcala, serial killer, the dating game, judge, cry
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More U.S. News
- Nebraska Bishop: Gosnell clinic was 'reminiscent of Auschwitz'
- Why even if you lose, playing Powerball isn't such a bad bet after all
- Cheap cigarette outlets in U.S. may be funding terrorists
- Shocking report reveals 38 men, 33 women are raped each day in the military
- Father Frank Pavone: Houston Abortionist Killing Babies Born Alive
- Bill Donohue, Catholic League, Disclose Fight with the IRS, Demonstrate Courage
- Chilling note scrawled by bloodied Boston terrorist reveals motive
- Sex In Uniform: Why the Increase in Sexual Assaults in the Military?
- Dr. Glidden of Catalina Island: Monster or historian?
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?