British abortionists terminating pregnancies, thereby killing children, on basis of child's gender
'Sex selection is illegal and is morally wrong,' health secretary says
British abortionists have been secretly filmed granting abortions based
on the unborn child's sex. Clinicians have also said that they were
prepared to falsify paperwork to arrange the abortions, even though it
is illegal to conduct such "sex-selection" procedures. "I'm extremely
concerned to hear about these allegations. Sex selection is illegal and
is morally wrong. I've asked my officials to investigate this as a
matter of urgency," Health Secretary Andrew Lansley says.
Prabha Sivaraman from Pall Mall Medical Center was secretly filmed arranging an abortion based upon the unborn child's sex by British newspaper investigators.
U.K. newspaper the Daily Telegraph carried out an investigation into sex-selection abortions after concerns were raised that the procedures were becoming common for cultural and social reasons.
Undercover reporters accompanied pregnant women to nine clinics in different parts of the United Kingdom. In three instances, doctors were recorded offering terminations after being told the mother-to-be did not wish to proceed due to the sex of the unborn child.
"I don't ask questions. If you want a termination, you want a termination," consultant Prabha Sivaraman told a pregnant woman who said she wanted to abort a female fetus.
Sivaraman later telephoned a colleague to book the procedure, explaining that it was for "social reasons" and the woman "doesn't want questions asked."
"This [the termination] will be under private, she doesn't want to go through NHS. OK, so - that's right, because you're part of our team and she doesn't want questions asked," Sivaraman told her colleague.
Sivaraman, who works for Pall Mall Medical in Manchester and is an obstetrician and gynecologist at North Manchester General Hospital, said the cost of the termination would be £200 or £300, on top of the £500 already paid to the clinic for the consultation.
Sivaraman did ask the woman if she had considered her options.
"Oh, absolutely . I can't have it, this baby, because of the gender, so that's just how it is ." replied the woman.
The doctor booked the pregnant woman in for a termination the following week in spite of the reason for the abortion being clearly explained.
The Daily Telegraph says it intends to publish more disclosures from the investigation -- in particular a recording of a doctor offering to falsify paperwork.
There are growing concerns over the growing commercialization of abortion clinics and Prime Minister David Cameron are under pressure to accept proposals that women should receive independent counseling before a procedure takes place.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- How Republicans won the fight over abortion in Texas
- Love begins at birth: Newborn baby doesn't want to be separated from mom after birth
- AFRICAN-AMERICAN HOLOCAUST: 72 percent of the babies aborted in Mississippi are black
- Teenage survivors of sexual abuse, incest must address long kept secrets
- More black babies being aborted than being born in New York City
- Woman sends 100 tweets in an hour about her abortion
- Loneliness has strong impact on premature death
- Planned Parenthood agrees to pay $2 million in fatal abortion procedure
- Women's rights activist Reggie Littlejohn among 'Top 10' of Vatican magazine
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?