Texas Judge keeps tap flowing for abortions
Injunction forces Texas to keep giving tax dollars to Planned Parenthood.
A Texas judge has issued an injunction that will keep Texas Planned Parenthood funded, at least for now. The injunction blocks a law that prohibits agencies that provide abortions from receiving public funds. Planned Parenthood says the law would prevent women from getting basic medical care.
US District judge, Lee Yeakel ruled in Planned Parenthood's favor, concerned that women would be cut off from health care. Planned Parenthood used eight clinics that allegedly do not provide abortions to add credibility to the claim.Whether they provide abortion inducing drugs claiming to be birth control is not clear.
Yeakel wrote in his ruling, "The court is particularly influenced by the potential for immediate loss of access to necessary medical services by several thousand Texas women."
Of course, the problem is obvious. Allowing women to murder children and to objectify and poison themselves is not exactly the epitome of health. Sadly, the purveyors of abortion have largely succeeded in changing the rhetoric to an Orwellian newspeak where killing is considered synonymous with health care.
The law itself is a brave one, enacted by a largely Republican legislature and signed into law by Governor Rick Perry. Because the law defies the edicts of the Obama administration, his officials have already cut off federal health funding for Texas, despite the fact that Texas taxpayers still pay their due to the government. In the face of the failed federal punishment, Perry promised to make up the needed healthcare funds so that no Texan would be compelled to go without genuine healthcare.
Some state officials were not satisfied however, saying that the new law would increase costs since pregnancies and births would rise and those children would need care paid by the state. At least they're honest -- It's not about life, it's about their money.
The law is expected to come to a full trial and whatever the outcome, it will likely be appealed.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Health News
- Malaria cases spread to higher elevations
- Alzheimer's to join cancer, heart disease as one of America's top fatal conditions
- Birthing centers not provided for under health care reform
- Lots of proteins can BE BAD FOR YOU! 'As bad for health as smoking,' new study finds
- OUTBREAK: 53 people in 10 states stricken with measles
- Popular overdose drug rises in cost, to keep up with demand
- ANCIENT SCOURGE: leprosy, still very much alive in the world today, goes back 10 million years
- CONTROVERSY: Is dyslexia a 'meaningless label' to excuse bad reading skills?
- Horrid polio-like disease stalking children in California, may be very widespread
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?