Texas Judge keeps tap flowing for abortions
Injunction forces Texas to keep giving tax dollars to Planned Parenthood.
A Texas judge has issued an injunction that will keep Texas Planned Parenthood funded, at least for now. The injunction blocks a law that prohibits agencies that provide abortions from receiving public funds. Planned Parenthood says the law would prevent women from getting basic medical care.
US District judge, Lee Yeakel ruled in Planned Parenthood's favor, concerned that women would be cut off from health care. Planned Parenthood used eight clinics that allegedly do not provide abortions to add credibility to the claim.Whether they provide abortion inducing drugs claiming to be birth control is not clear.
Yeakel wrote in his ruling, "The court is particularly influenced by the potential for immediate loss of access to necessary medical services by several thousand Texas women."
Of course, the problem is obvious. Allowing women to murder children and to objectify and poison themselves is not exactly the epitome of health. Sadly, the purveyors of abortion have largely succeeded in changing the rhetoric to an Orwellian newspeak where killing is considered synonymous with health care.
The law itself is a brave one, enacted by a largely Republican legislature and signed into law by Governor Rick Perry. Because the law defies the edicts of the Obama administration, his officials have already cut off federal health funding for Texas, despite the fact that Texas taxpayers still pay their due to the government. In the face of the failed federal punishment, Perry promised to make up the needed healthcare funds so that no Texan would be compelled to go without genuine healthcare.
Some state officials were not satisfied however, saying that the new law would increase costs since pregnancies and births would rise and those children would need care paid by the state. At least they're honest -- It's not about life, it's about their money.
The law is expected to come to a full trial and whatever the outcome, it will likely be appealed.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Health News
- Donors from around the world say that an AIDS-free generation may be within sight
- Washington signing up more people for Medicaid than private plans
- Man documents ravages of diabetes to his feet as they decay within 10 DAYS
- Dementia epidemic only growing worse: 135 million sufferers could arrive by 2050
- Men are from Mars, Women from Venus? Their brains are certainly wired differently
- Drinking water from plastic cups, bottles may be causing migraine headaches
- Apocalypse imminent as bacteria evolve beyond antibiotics
- New injection gives arthritics new hope
- Overweight people need to curb blood pressure to cut heart attack risk, doctors say
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?