'Medical Center' TV star Chad Everett dies at 76
Acting career spanned five decades on both the small and big screens
Perhaps best known as the lead in the classic TV drama "Medical Center,"
actor Chad Everett has passed away at his Los Angeles home at the age
of 76. Everett reportedly lost his lengthy battle with lung cancer.
Appearing in a host of film and TV roles, Everett played everything from
gunslingers and detectives to airline pilots and lawyers.
Sporting medallions and shaggy hair in the Seventies, female viewers were literally 'Mad about Chad' Everett on 'Medical Center.' Ironically, Everett continued to act well into his Seventies.
Born Raymon Lee Cramton in South Bend, Indiana and raised in Michigan, Everett broke into Hollywood when he landed a contract with Warner Bros. after graduation from Detroit's Wayne State College. That led to his first big role in the 1961 movie "Claudelle Inglish."
With a career spanning more than 40 years, Everett guest starred on such TV series as "The Love Boat," "Murder, She Wrote" and "Without a Trace." Everett most recently appeared in the TV series "Castle." His films credits included "The Jigsaw Murders," "The Firechasers" and director Gus Van Sant's color remake of "Psycho."
In his most memorable recent film role, Everett played an aging lothario who engages in a steamy audition with a young ingénue portrayed by Naomi Watts in director David Lynch's "Mulholland Drive."
Everett was married for 45 years to actress Shelby Grant until her death in 2011. He is survived by two daughters and six grandchildren.
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Chad Everett, Medical Center, actor, death
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Celebrity News
- Has Justin Bieber's 'bad boy' stance gone too far? Pot smelled on tour bus
- Comedian Jonathan Winters dies at 87
- Mouseketeer Annette Funicello dies from multiple sclerosis
- Actor who played Harry Potter's Uncle Vernon, Richard Griffiths dies
- Porno star who embraced Christianity later in life dies
- 'One Day at a Time' actress Bonnie Franklin dies
- Cowboy actor Dale Robertson dies at the age of 89
- Popular British romance novelist 'Jessica Blair' proven to be an 89-year-old man
- Conrad Bain of TV's 'Diff''rent Strokes' dies at 89
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?